GFWAR Privacy & Security Policy
1. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles);
- Tracing information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data.)
2. We use this information:
- To improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as the GFWAR REALTOR® newsletter
- To notify you of “Calls to Action,” updates to our sites, and other REALTOR® news/requirements
- To notify you of relevant products and services
- To notify you of upcoming events and programs
- To compile specialty directories
- To track usage of our sites
- To assist other local and affiliated institutes, societies and councils for their use for purposes similar to those listed above
- In accordance with NAR, TAR and GFWAR Bylaws by officers, directors, employees, appropriate committee persons of GFWAR and other designated agents of GFWAR.
3. GFWAR does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses, but may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by GFWAR.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Advertisers at certain events are provided with the names, firm affiliations and business addresses of attendees, but in no instance do we provide these advertisers with members’ e-mail addresses
- Mailing lists with members’ names, firm affiliations, and business addresses are sold to the public
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public
- With the Texas Association of REALTORS® or the National Association of REALTORS® as necessary
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card for products, dues or other services will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
7. We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding nonessential services, products and programs. You may adjust your communication preferences by reviewing your GFWAR.org registration. Just “login” first. Then you can change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the GFWAR Web site or by contacting GFWAR by fax or e-mail.
10. GFWAR uses reasonable means in accordance with the law, to dispose of personal information. Personal information is usually disposed of by shredding or burning documents, erasing electronic files by means that make the files unreadable or undecipherable or by eradicating personal information from documents or electronic files in ways that make the personal information unreadable.