Fort Worth home sales increased 0.8 percent to 1,214 homes in August 2018. The median price for Fort Worth homes increased 2.7 percent year-over-year to $220,000 in August 2018.
“Based on the numbers from the last few months, our market appears to be leveling,” said J.R. Martinez, 2018 President of the Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS®. “Fort Worth still has a strong real estate market when compared with national numbers. The increased number of listings provides greater opportunities for buyers.”
Fort Worth’s monthly housing inventory was 2.6 months in August 2018, .3 months more than the year prior. The Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University cites that 6.5 months of inventory represents a market in which supply and demand for homes is balanced.
Homes spent an average of 32 days on the market in August 2018, three days more than August 2017. Additionally, active listings increased 19.4 percent to 2,804 listings during the same time frame.
August 2018 Statistics At-A-Glance
- 1,214 – Homes sold in August 2018, 0.8 percent more than August 2017.
- $220,000 – Median price in August 2018, 2.7 percent more than August 2017.
- 2.6 – Monthly housing inventory in August 2018, .3 months more than August 2017.
- 32 – Average number of days homes spent on the market in August 2018, three days more than August 2017.
- 30 – Average number of days to close in August 2018, 3 days less than August 2017.
- 2,804 – Active home listings on the market in August 2018, 19.4 percent more than August 2017.